An opportunity has arisen for a self-driven individual to join our Safety & Risk Team as the Health & Safety Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading RATP Dev London in the assessment and control of occupational safety in all depots. The person will also be responsible for the management of internal safety training in liaison with British Safety Council. As part of your work you would be preparing safety reports for monthly, quarterly and/or bi-annual review, including recommendations on gap analysis and how the company can improve performance.
• Provide guidance and advice to colleagues in all technical aspects of occupational safety. Also, provide expertise in local health and safety committee meetings. Notably, being able to provide evidence of good/poor performance that can be corrected or replicated and follow-up advice with stakeholders to ensure compliance
• Collate and report accident statistics for the Directorate and senior management as well as Health and Safety Committees. Present findings to Risk & Compliance Meetings, RRMs, BRMs and/or Directors when required
• Assist the review process of risk assessments and safe systems of work giving advice throughout the business operation to maintain the database. Review, correct and guide local safety reps on the management of RAs. In particular, supervise the creation and completion of Fire Risk Assessments on annual basis
• Lead RATP Dev London through the ongoing OHSAS18001 process; i.e. ensure that all technical and management systems are in place both at HO and in the depots to maintain our accreditation
• Provide guidance and direction to safety committees, fire marshals and first aiders. Maintain updated lists for all sites. Identify failings in safety measures or improvements and approach safety reps and Garage General Managers direct for action
• Assist with site safety inspections and director audits. Ensure that the appropriate garage rep performs the tasks set for them, only deputising when strictly necessary
• Assist in ensuring Directors, Managers and employees are trained and equipped to carry out their legislative health and safety obligations. Review annual spend and supplier usage for long-term gain of the company.
• Take responsibility for booking venues and arranging training materials for various health and safety external training (e.g. NEBOSH, IOSH)
• Support and develop specific Safety Working Parties to assist in the improvement and prevention of accidents
• Review and update all company policies in relation to Safety; notably, H&S Policy, Contractors’ Policy, Lone Workers, Permits to Work, etc.
• Maintain the content of the Sypol COSHH Management System in all relevant areas of the business
• Any other reasonable task that maybe required from time to time
• NEBOSH NGC – already studied and pass achieved
• NEBOSH Diploma – willing to study or already studying
• Proficient in use of all standard Microsoft programs (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Recent H&S practitioner experience; e.g. H&S rep at depot, union rep trained in H&S, regular inclusion in safety related projects
• Willingness to travel regularly between depots
To apply you will need to send your CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements for this role. For more information, and to apply, please contact the Recruitment Department on the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently have an opportunity for a highly disciplined individual, with first class communication skills and the ability and desire to influence and change behavior, to join the organisation as a Project Manager. This role will give you exposure to a range of technical and business change projects across the full range of the Company’s activities, where you will be responsible for leading and coordinating activity to achieve project milestones.
The Project Manager will be responsible for:
• Ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget, to agreed scope and to customer satisfaction
• Managing project stakeholder relationships as well as customer expectations and requirements
The successful candidate should have:
• Proven experience of Project Management with Prince2 or equivalent level project management qualification
• Good stakeholder management & subcontract management with the ability to present project results to key stakeholders
• Excellent organisational skills
• Strong influencing skills, with highly developed written and verbal communication skills;
• Business and data analysis skills
• Experience with Pre Qualifying Questionnaires and Invitation To Tender end to end process
• Strong networking skills, with proven experience of influencing and negotiating with key stakeholders
• Significant experience of developing and managing complex stakeholder relationships
To apply you will need to send a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements of the role. For more information and to apply, please contact a member of the Recruitment Department on the following email address email@example.com.
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a self-driven leader to join our business as a Head of Supply Chain. Working as part of the Senior Leadership Team, the successful candidate will lead the central procurement and supply chain function for the three London businesses (London United, London Sovereign and Quality Line) to provide an effective end-to-end supply chain and procurement service. As the Head of Supply Chain you will be reporting to the Engineering Director.
• Develop a supply chain strategy that supports the company performance objectives. Leading change with your team and key stakeholders
• Provide professional advice and analysis to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Directors on purchasing, procurement and asset management issues.
• Manage the entire lifecycle of sourcing and procurement projects.
• Drive savings by developing and applying various strategies.
• Manage ongoing relationships with all suppliers in collaboration with the commercial department. Monitor and evaluate supplier performance.
• Responsible for regular forecasting demand to ensure on time supply.
• Identify appropriate department KPI’s and measure and monitor performance against these.
• Ensure there is adequate control of stock levels and cost efficiencies against budget.
• Ensure health and safety is embedded in all processes and procedures.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Solid experience of Supply Chain/Stock purchasing and relevant Health and Safety knowledge.
• Proven project management experience, preferably PRINCE2 qualified or equivalent.
• Able to undertake options analysis which aligns with the Company strategy.
• Ability to constructively challenge the status quo.
• Quantitative and analytical skills, excellent documentation and oral communication skills
• Diplomatic with excellent negotiating skills.
Remuneration for this post, comprising of a competitive salary, bonus scheme and benefits, will be commensurate with its seniority and strategic importance to RATP Dev London. This role offers breadth and variety, with significant visibility and influence on the shape and growth of the London business.
To apply you will need to send a CV and covering letter to the Recruitment Department explaining how you meet the requirements of the role. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual with a passion for training to join our busy and friendly driver training team as a Training Officer in Stamford Brook.
As a Training Officer you will:
• Deliver a range of training courses, including:
• Company induction
• City & Guilds qualification for bus drivers
• Customer service
• Conflict awareness.
• Supporting drivers to complete their qualifications needed for their role
• Develop new courses and training needs analysis.
Your inspirational training methods will help our staff develop the skills and knowledge they need to deliver outstanding customer service and meet business KPIs.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• Working knowledge of the bus industry
• Experience in a classroom environment getting that knowledge across.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to manage and prioritise a busy and varied workload
• Good influencing
• Ability to adapt your training style to different situations and individuals
This an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to widen their training experience. To apply you will need to send a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements for this role. For more information and to apply, please contact a member of the Recruitment Department on the following email address email@example.com.